The world of global trade is full of complexities, but it is also full of opportunities for great success. Because of all the variables and moving parts involved in the overall process of buying your goods abroad and importing them into the USA for sale, those who succeed are usually those who had the best planning… and planning happens IN ADVANCE, and usually before you place your first order from the supplier. This guide will walk you through every step you need to take in order to successfully plan to import your first product.
- Some of the features of this product:
- Step-by-step planning, guidance, cost estimation, and detailed instructions to help you plan BEFORE you buy!
- Warnings of common pitfalls and things to watch out for, and tips on ways to save money and protect yourself
- Glossary of industry terms with plainly worded explanations of industry jargon and abbreviations
- How to negotiate better terms with the supplier to increase profit or use less of your own money up front
- Examples of all the important documents you will come across throughout the process
- Shipping Cost Estimator Tables providing detailed cost estimations to and from most major ports and countries
- Worksheet to calculate all of your costs in a simple, step-by-step way so you have everything on paper
- How do I get set up to import? Do I need an import license or import permit?
- What are my terms of sale? What are “INCO terms”? How do I safely pay my supplier?
- What are the available shipping options? Which shipping method best fits my needs?
- How much will it cost me to ship my goods from overseas?
- What is the process and cost involved in clearing U.S. Customs? What is a “Customs Broker”?
- What are “import duties” and how are they determined? How much does importing cost?
- What happens after I clear U.S. Customs?
- How do I take all the costs I have calculated and come up with my final landed cost per unit?
- What are the important parties that I should about know in the shipping and importing process?
- What pitfalls do I need to be aware of? What helpful hints should I keep in mind?
- What are the important documents and I need to know about and what do they look like?
- What are the important terms and industry abbreviations that I should know and understand?
- What are “COST KILLERS” and how can I avoid them?
FREE U.S. Customs clearance ($129 value)! and
5 FREE product classifications which tell you the import duties you will pay for your product!
The eGuide pays for itself, and then some!